Do Not Live With European Wasps, They Are Dangerous
European wasps also known as common wasps or Vespula vulgaris, are species of social wasps that are native to Europe, they are a member of the family Vespidae and are closely related to other wasp species such as yellow jackets and hornets.
European wasps are social insects, living in colonies that can number thousands. Their colonies are typically started by a single queen wasp who lays eggs that hatch into workers and then takes over the tasks of gathering food, caring for the young, and defending the nest. If you are in a problem because European wasps are increasing their nest size on your property, then it is the right time to call our professionals. Here at Bee Wasp Removal Perth, we have arrangements of all resources for safely removing wasps, bees and their nests and hives respectively.
European wasps are known for their distinct black and yellow striped pattern, with a black and yellow head thorax, and abdomen. They typically measure between 12-17 mm in length and have wings that fold longitudinally when they are at rest.
- European wasps are social insects, living in colonies that can number thousands.
- They build their nests in protected locations, such as the ground, trees, or buildings.
- They are omnivores, feeding on various food, including nectar, fruit, insects, and carrion.
- They scavenge on human food and drinks, especially sweet or sugary items.
- They are known for their aggressive behavior when their nest is threatened or disturbed.
- They will sting repeatedly by injecting venom that can cause pain and allergic reactions.
The Life Cycle of European Wasps:-
The European wasp undergoes a complete metamorphosis, consisting of four distinct life stages: egg, larva, pupa, and adult.
- The queen wasp emerges from hibernation in the spring, builds a small nest, and lays eggs. The eggs hatch into legless, white larvae that are fed by the queen on a diet of insects and other protein-rich food.
- After about two weeks, the larvae pupate and adult wasps emerge from the pupae in about two more weeks. These new workers take over the care of the young, while the queen continues to lay eggs.
- In the autumn the colony produces new queens and males, which mate and start the cycle again the next year.
While European wasps can be beneficial in controlling other insect populations, they are also considered a nuisance and a potential danger to humans, particularly when their nests are disturbed. Their stings can be painful and can cause severe allergic infections in some individuals. It is recommended to seek medical attention if you experience a severe reaction to a wasp sting.
Call Us For Wasp Nest Removal
You can contact Bee Wasp Removal Perth to remove nests and colonies of wasps. We value your time and convenience, which is why we offer flexible scheduling options to suit your emergency calls. We are committed to completing the job in a timely manner without compromising on quality.